Bulletins and Announcements
July 12th During Mass this Sunday, two children and one adult will be receiving some or all of the sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and First Communion. This will be a joyful occasion for our parish and an opportunity for all of us to recall the promises and blessings of our own Baptism and Confirmation. Please join me in praying for Kenzie, Gracey, Bridget, and their families as they approach these important moments in their relationship with Jesus.
- Fr. Steven
Palms will be available in the back of the church today.
Also, 2/3rd's of the parking lot is now roped off for repairs to be made on the school facade.
Important Safety Updates
Dear brothers and sisters,
I write to update you on two important concerns regarding safety at St. Boniface.
1. This week we have experience continued unrest in our city and across the nation in response to the deaths of Breonna Taylor and George Floyd. Although in contact through the Archdiocese, we have not received specific guidance from public officials indicating that a gathering downtown would be unsafe. As such, we will celebrate Mass at 11:00 AM with Confessions from 10:15 - 10:45 AM on Sunday. Because of the increased responsibilities of the current situation and after significant effort exploring alternatives, we have been unable to schedule security at St. Boniface for this Sunday. We have, however, been in contact and coordination with LMPD regarding our gathering for mass.
2. Also, we have been planning for badly needed repairs to the front wall of Nativity Academy to begin in the near future. This week we were informed that the condition of the wall could pose a danger of falling debris and requires this work take place as soon as possible. We are expediting the awarding of a contract and plan to begin as soon as we can. Therefore, beginning immediately and until further notice, the row of parking spaces closest to Nativity Academy will be closed, as will the front doors of the school building.
I trust that each of you will use your best judgment in deciding whether to join us at St. Boniface on Sunday. Remember that Mass will be recorded and the video will be posted to YouTube afterward. Also, the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect.
You remain in my prayers, and I hope that you will join us in continuing to pray for Christ's healing presence in the midst of the multiple challenges we face. I encourage you to read and reflect on Archbishop Kurtz’s latest blog post, which can be found here: https://www.archlou.org/uphold-human-dignity-and-reject-racism/
On this, our Feast Day, St. Boniface, pray for us!
Fr. Jeff And Fr. Steven
Click the buttons above or the links below for resources and updates.
- Letter from Archbishop Kurtz on the archdiocesan plan to reopen churches for public liturgies
- Archdiocese of Louisville COVID-19 updates and resources
- May 15th Announcement of Reopening for Public Liturgy
- Safe at Worship Guidelines
- Saint Boniface Facebook page
- Saint Boniface YouTube channel
Bulletins are in PDF format. Use the links below to view that week's bulletin.